Staying to work after study

Post-study work visa is one of the most important factors for students going to pursue higher studies in the USA. F1 Visa, M1 Visa, and J1 Visa are three types of student visas that allow students to stay in the US for a limited time period after completing their studies.

As an F1 student visa holder, international students can complete up to a year of temporary employment directly related to their major field of study. F1 visa holders can apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) after completing their studies.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a one-year work and stay-back permit given to international students on completion of a degree program in the US. There are two types of OPT – one which can be used during one’s studies i.e. PreCompletion OPT, and another which starts after completing one’s studies i.e. Post-Completion OPT.

OPT: What is OPT in USA?

The OPT in USA allows students to stay back in the USA after completing their studies. For this, you need to get authorization from the USCIS and also from the international student office of the school. Under this program, the student is allowed to work for 12 months once he completes his course In USA. You are suggested to submit your application for OPT in USA nine months after you have started your study in USA. However, students need to receive the Employment Authorization Document or EAD from the USCIS to begin working under OPT in USA.

Types of OPT Extension:

Pre-Completion OPT: The OPT in USA starts before the completion of the program at an educational institute.

Post-Completion OPT: This type of OPT in USA will start once the program is completed.

How to Get OPT? Requirements of OPT in USA:

As per the new rules of OPT, the students pursuing a STEM course (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) have an extension of 24 months. You can read more about OPT extension here: New OPT Rule for STEM students in USA.

Curricular Practical Training: What is CPT?

Curricular Practical Training or CPT is an employment option that is off-campus and is available only for those students who have F-1 visas. To obtain CPT, the candidate needs authorization from the institute’s International Student Help Desk and also he needs to notify the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, also known as the USCIS. The CPT employment is a paid one which helps students to earn during their stay back after they complete their study in USA.

CPT Rules for F-1 Visa:

Optional Practical Training Jobs in an International Organisation

International students studying in USA and having an F-1 visa can get employment in a reputed international organization if the organization is any one of the following options: Here are the conditions that are needed to be fulfilled for working in an international organization:

Future Secure Immigration © 2021./ Website Designed By INDIADIALING.COM / 9646-04-04-85.